Welcome to the first post of our #TakeActionTuesday blog series! The intention of #TakeActionTuesday is to provide one, simple, action you can take RIGHT NOW to preserve, strengthen, and grow the policies we believe in. Sometimes we will give more than one action, if it’s to do with the same issue. Be sure to post your action in the comments below as well as on social media, tagging #TakeActionTuesday, #TWWhcuc and @TWWhcuc. Not only does this give you bragging rights, but it holds you accountable and provides motivation to those who might be in need of some.
Today our actions involve the heated immigration #NoMuslimBan issue. What you can do right now:
- Call Governor Hogan at 410-974-3901. Hogan’s office is taking a phone tally of who opposes the immigration/refugee ban. He is currently meeting with his legal team to see how this impacts our state. His statements have been supportive of the ban. Call him at 410-974-3901 and let him know #NoMuslimBan.
- Join ACLU at https://action.aclu.org/secure/become-aclu-member.
- Donate to ACLU at https://action.aclu.org/donate-aclu.
- Support Catholic Charity’s Esperana Center at http://www.catholiccharities-md.org/immigrants/.
- Support Harford County’s Lasos at http://lasos.org/.
For extra points:
- Complete our Political Action Survey at www.togetherharford.org/survey (only if you’re a Harford County/Upper Chesapeake member!).
- Send postcards to your senators per the Women’s March website at https://www.womensmarch.com/100.
Thank you! We can’t wait to see how #TogetherWeWill stand up today!
To see past #TakeActionTuesday actions, click on our tag #TakeActionTuesday in the right sidebar of this website.