The theme of this week’s #TakeActionTuesday is Education. HR 610 threatens to take money from public schools and funnel them into a private/charter school voucher system. It also seeks to defund the healthy school lunches program. Andy Harris co-sponsored this bill. So what can we do?
- Call Andy Harris’s Office and tell him you OPPOSE HR 610. DC Office 202-225-5311 or Bel Air Office 410-588-5679. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE YOUR ZIPCODE AND TELL THEM YOU ARE NOT A PAID PROTESTOR, JUST A TAX PAYER!!!
- Send Andy Harris a postcard to 1533 Longworth HOB Washington DC 20515.
- Take a picture of the postcard and post the picture to www.facebook.com/AndyHarrisMD, tweet it to @AndyHarrisMD and tell him you are a constituent with concerns who wants to be able to talk to him face to face!
- At the state level, we need to contact our representatives and let them know we support HB 978/SB 871, the Protect Our Schools Act of 2017. You can do that by visiting the MSEA’s page at e-activist.com/ea-action/action?ea.client.id=1791&ea.campaign.id=64214
- Attend the rally to support transgendered students this evening www.facebook.com/events/1265556620200056.
- Donate to donorschoose.org. Although Harford County Public School teachers are prohibited from participating in this program, you can make a difference by helping a teacher in a surrounding county.
Thank you! We can’t wait to see how #TogetherWeWill stand up today!
The intention of #TakeActionTuesday is to provide one, simple, action you can take RIGHT NOW to preserve, strengthen, and grow the policies we believe in. Sometimes we will give more than one action, if it’s to do with the same issue. Be sure to post your action in the comments below as well as on social media, tagging #TakeActionTuesday, #TWWhcuc and @TWWhcuc. This holds you accountable and gives motivation to those who might be in need of some. To see past #TakeActionTuesday actions, click on our tag #TakeActionTuesday in the right sidebar of this website.